Globe Soccer Awards: Ronaldo and Lucy scoop away big awards
The Dubai Globe Soccer Awards took place on Sunday, Dec 29 at the Madinat Jumeirah.
Some of the biggest names in professional football accepted awards like “Best Player of the Year” and “Best Club of The Year” at the prestigious awards ceremony.
Cristiano Ronaldo, 34 and Lucy Bronze took the centre stage last night at the star studded event, wherein the Portuguese superstar Cristiano was Best Men’s Player of the Year for the sixth time at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards.
Liverpool picked up three awards, with Jurgen Klopp voted best coach, Alisson Becker best goalkeeper, and the European champions named best club.
As reported on The National Ronaldo’s acceptance speech went about like this-
“I have to thank my family, my girlfriend, my boy there, Cristiano, my three kids who are waiting for me in the hotel, my friends, my teammates of Juventus and the national team, my agent, all the people here tonight who support this gala,” Ronaldo said.
“...And finally to thank [everyone] who voted for me. It’s a great honour to be here and receive this amazing award. I hope to be here next year to receive this award, of course. Thanks to everyone, and a happy New Year.”
Meanwhile several Arab talents scooped awards at the ceremony, with Al Hilal voted best Arab club for their recent Asian Champions League success and Abderrazak Hamdallah named best Arab player and Achraf Hakimi who was awarded with the Best Young Arab Player
Following are the awards presented at the 11th edition of the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards:
1. Best Academy of the Year: AFC Ajax and S.L. Benfica
2. Best Agent of the Year: Jorge Mendes
3. Best Club of the Year: Liverpool FC
4. Best Coach of the Year: Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool FC)
5. Best Goalkeeper of the Year: Alisson Becker
6. Best Men’s Player of the Year: Cristiano Ronaldo
7. Best Partnership of the Year Award by SportBusiness: Manchester City FC and SAP
8. Best Referee of the Year: Stephanie Frappart
9. Best Revelation Player: Joao Felix (Atlético Madrid, Portugal’s national team)
10. Best Sporting Director: Andrea Berta (Atlético Madrid)
11. Best Women's Player of the Year: Lucy Bronze
12. Best Young Arab Player of the Year: Achraf Hakimi
13. Kooora – Best Arab Club Award: Al Hilal SFC (Saudi Arabia)
14. Kooora – Best Arab Player Award: Abderazak Hamdallah (Al-Nassr FC, Saudi Arabia)
15. Player Career Award: Miralem Pjanic and Ryan Giggs
As part of the ‘Grand Slam’ of football award ceremonies alongside the Ballon d’Or and The Best FIFA Football Awards, the 11th edition of the star-studded event was organised in partnership with Dubai Sports Council (DSC).
We would like to congratulate all the winners from the night on recieving their Awards, We can't wait to see what the next ceremony has in store!
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.
Photo credit: Dubai Globe Soccer Awards.