Creating A Successful Marketing Strategy with IG Stories
Let’s start with how people are engaging with Instagram stories:
- Over 60% of stories posted have sound on
- 50% of Instagram Stories viewed are video
- 30% of Stories receive direct messages to the brand
Significantly, one in three stories receives a direct message from a user because if a brand posts an organic Story it makes people want to learn more. This is just one reason why Stories matter so much to businesses and as more people move onto Instagram, brands are expected to follow where the consumers go.
This is how you can harness the power of Instagram Stories...
Polls and Questions are the way to go in order to draw people towards your Stories. Brands and advertisers can create ad objectives around polls that allow you to use a polling question within the advertisements. As people wait for a polling question to launch, you can reach them with ads embedded in the experience, encouraging them to watch your ad longer than they might otherwise.
Make The Most of Automatic Placements
Automatic Placements give you the ability to use Instagram to buy across all placements within Facebook’s family of apps and services. They allow the platform’s algorithm to place your ads where your audience exists in order to drive the best results. For every placement is a good way to connect with your audience.
Tips for Running Instagram Stories Ad Campaigns
Keep these additional tips in mind with asset customization and creating Instagram Stories ads...
- Choose creative that matches the recommended aspect ratio.
- Create bespoke assets within an Automatic Placements campaign, and customize your creative assets to best match the viewing behavior of each placement.
- Use the same images as you do on Facebook, and ensure you have sufficient campaign budget.
- Target a large audience.
- Split test to optimize your placements, and to understand what’s working and not working. Upload new creative depending on the results
Here’s what you should showcase on your Instagram Stories...
- Products and Services – to let people know what you have to offer
- Deals and Promotions – people flock over when they hear brands have exclusive deals
- Event Videos – to build your Instagram community, people want to feel like they’re a part of the event too
- Industry News – staying up to date with current trends and movements to show that your brand is a thought leader
- Influencer Connections – influencer marketing is extremely important because people adore and follow their favourite influencers
- Collaborations and Takeovers with Other Brands – this is pretty much exactly what it sounds like all you have to do is announce it on your feed and story !
Don't forget to use everyone's favorite features for your Instagram Story:
- Story Highlights on your Profile.
Follow these steps and your 2020 will turn into the year of Instagram Stories to create a successful marketing strategy!
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.