Instagram Might Introduce Another New Stories Feature Very Soon
Content creators stuck at home due to self-isolation will be glad to know that some of their favorite platforms are looking at rolling out ton new goodies in the near future – which could very well prevent us from going stir-crazy at home.
Instagram will, apparently, be rolling out another new Stories feature in the near future…
"Mirror" mode is currently in testing and will (apparently) split a user's screen into varying types of "reflected views", according to Social Media Today.
Instagram is testing a new “Mirror” Story Camera mode, providing various kaleidoscope-like filters— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) March 16, 2020
A Instagram spokesperson told me confirming this is testing pic.twitter.com/XnfIrxbLr6
Instagram is no stranger to introducing new features for its users. Just take a look at the past features Instagram has released in the past three months of 2020 alone, according to Social Media Today:
- The launch of an option for users to reply to Stories with GIFS
- The testing of a video trimming feature for Stories
- The testing of a new design for a map sticker on Stories - which would display user's location on a world map
- The addition of an option to allow users to locate and reshare Stories which mention a user's profile
- The addition of alternate features on Boomerang such as "SloMo", "Echo" and "Duo"
IG Stories is one of the most popular features on the platform and creators are always finding new ways of thinking up fun ideas when making the most of their Story.
It's important to note, however, Instagram has not released word on when "Mirror" mode will be rolled out.
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.