7 Important Statistics On Influencer Marketing in America
The proliferation of influencer marketing in the USA is fast setting the tone for the rest of the world, as thousands of brands looking Stateside for guidance as to how much stock they should place this new era of marketing.
With that in mind, here are a few choice stats on just how things are shaping up, and what it means for marketeers going forward.
US Influencer Marketing: The Facts
- The American public only trusts 22% of brands and ‘wouldn’t care’ if 74% of brands disappeared.
- 49% of consumers report relying on recommendations from influencers when making purchasing decisions.
- Google reported a 325% increase in searches for ‘influencer marketing’ over the last 12 months.
- 28% of marketers voted influencer marketing the ‘fastest-growing online customer-acquisition method.
- 67% of marketers plan on increasing their influencer marketing budget over the next 12 months.
- Brands earn an average of $7.65 Earned Marketing Value per $1 spent on influencer marketing, delivering 11x the ROI than traditional digital ads.
- Over 230 new platforms and influencer marketing-focused agencies have been created in the last two years
Sources: Maverick, ION, Influencer Marketing Hub