8 Things You Need To Know About the New Blackberry Smartphone
iPhone avoiders, get excited - you could be looking at your new smartphone, the KEYone.
And while it is very much a Blackberry phone in style, look and feel, the new device has actually been developed by TCL Communication, a Hong Kong-based electronics giant who entered a licensing agreement with the trademark brand in December 2016. For more info on this and the reason behind Blackberry’s recent disappearance, click here (if you haven’t already).
But we digress, the important part is that the messaging revolutionary is back and still loved by folks here in the UAE.
And besides the very reasonable price of AED 1,999, here are 8 things you need to know about the KEYone
- A 4.5 inch LCD Display, encased in an aluminium frame features a textured back for better grip.
- The operating system is the Android 7.1 Nougat.
- It features the Blackberry hub, of course, aggregating all of your messaging; from emails, WhatsApp's and every other social media platforms you procrastinate on.
- The photography game is strong, with a 12MP rear camera and 8MP front facing one with flash, fixed focus and 84-degree wide angle lens. That covers those selfies then.
- The KEYone boasts a 3500 mAh battery, the largest in a Blackberry smartphone till date, and said to be capable of handling 26 hours of mixed use.
- And of course, a Blackberry wouldn’t be complete without the quintessential QWERTY keyboard
- The keyboard is also considered an extension of the screen and enables swiping and numerous programmable shortcuts.
- It comes with the BlackBerry DTEK application for improved phone security
We won’t lie, the design is pretty sweet, and we’ve always been suckers for the QWERTY keyboard...
What about you, readers? Ready to jump back on the BlackBerry bandwagon?