6 Facts to help you choose between the Nokia 3, 5, and 6
On the heels of releasing their new and improved rendition of cult classic Nokia 3310, which apparently promises to last over a month with its battery life (still can’t get over that), HMD Global, the Finnish company that owns the rights to use Nokia's brand for mobile phones, announced the release of 3 smartphones for us folks here in the UAE.
The flagship phones were unveiled at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, and introduced to the UAE at the Farm Restaurant in their publicized event this past Wednesday.
Yup, the smartphone pool just got a lot more crowded. Don’t get me wrong, between the iPhones and tons of Android options, the variety is great…but how do you choose?!
Well, to try and make your decision a tad easier (cause we’re nice like that), here are 6 things you need to know about each device:
Nokia 6 – AED 799
Release date – July
1. Let’s start with the biggest (quite literally), with a fully laminated display of 5.5 inches, it’s the biggest one out of the 3
2. It’s crafted from a single block of 6000 series aluminum. Don’t expect the trademark durability, it is a smartphone after all. But it does seem like a pretty solid piece
3. Features a smart audio amplifier, with dual speakers, and Dolby Atmos
4. Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with 4GB RAM and 64 ROM storage
5. The camera on the rear side is 16MP with 1080p video recording and the front camera holds an 8MP selfie snapper.
6. The battery on the Nokia 6 features a capacity of 3000 mAh
Nokia 5 – AED 649
Release date – July 12th
1. Also crafted from a single block of 6000 series aluminum.
2. Slightly smaller, laminated HD display 5.2 inch screen
3. 13MP rear camera, and 8MP wide angle front facing camera
4. RAM is 2GB, with 16GB of internal storage
5. Also features a 3000 mAH battery
6. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with improved graphics performance
Nokia 3 – AED 499
Release date – June 29th
1. 5 inch LCD Display with Sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass like the others
2. 8MP wide aperture cameras on the front and back
3. 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory
4. Powered by a MediaTek MT6767 processor
5. No dual speaker here folks
6. 2650 mAH battery life, not excited about this bit. Then again, can't expect the world for that price.
Bonus fact, all 3 devices will be available in Matte Black, Silver, Tempered Blue (Ooh that’s new) & Copper and will be running Android Nougat.
And in case you were wondering why there's no ‘4', the decision was said to be made due to tetraphobia, a common superstition in East Asia wherein instances of the number 4 are avoided.
So? Which one are you going to be taking selfies with this summer?