7 Things About Facebook’s Own ‘Village’ That Will Have You Sending in Job Applications ASAP
Well it looks like Facebook is extendingits reach far beyond the digital spectrum.
In what was certainly a very different update from the usual Facebook Messenger feature, the most used social media platform ever revealed plans for their very own community 'Willow Campus this past weekend, a mixed use village for Facebook employees...and the rest of us mortals.
And it sounds pretty darn amazing, here’s what you need to know.
1. The campus will be right behind Facebook’s headquarters’ in Menlo Park, the site acquired was acquired by the company in 2015
2. The village will have 1,500 housing units, 15% of which will be leased under market rates
3. While a lot of them are likely to be rented by Facebook employees, they’re all open to any and everyone
4. 125,000 square feet of retail space and 1.75 million square feet of office space
5. Retail, Grocery, Housing and Office portions will be completed by 2021
6. The village is in addition to their existing office space, not a replacement for it
7. The campus will also feature its own transit centre, offering ‘’east-west connections’’
The social media giant will be submitting its plans to the city of Menlo Park, California by the end of the month.
Here's a look at Facebook’s virtual tour of the community to be.