Here’s how you can host a ‘Netflix Party’
As the world continues to practice social distancing in order to combat the COVID-19 virus, technology continues to prove more and more significant in helping us bridge the gap between socialize virtually.
A Google Extension called Netflix Party allows users to socialise by watching movies and TV shows together online.
According to the website, "Netflix Party is a new way to watch Netflix with your friends online. Netflix Party synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite Netflix shows."
How do I download the Netflix Party extension?
Once all invitees have a Netflix account and Google Chrome, you will be able to use Netflix Party in seconds following these steps:
1) Go to the Netflix Party website and click "Install Netflix Party."
2) Once at the Chrome Web Store, click "Add to Chrome" and then "Add Extension."
3) On the upper right-hand corner, an "NP" icon will appear.
4) Go to the Netflix website and select a movie or show to watch.
5) Then click on the "NP" icon, and copy and paste the URL.
6) Send the link to your friends and start watching together!
7) If you receive a Netflix Party link, make sure you have the extension installed first. When you click on the link, you’ll be redirected to the Netflix website. Once there, click on the "NP" icon on the top right and join the watch party.